How to Join

High School Students

High school students are encouraged to apply for the High School Scholarship Program (HSSP) . The HSSP program is competitive and offers a wide range of scholarships to the college-bound! However, you don’t need to have a scholarship to be an AFROTC cadet. There are additional opportunities to earn an AFROTC scholarship while in college.

Current College Students

Joining is as simple as showing up. You will have to provide some paperwork and complete a sports physical. The best way to apply for AFROTC admission is at the New Student Orientation Program (NSOP). If you can’t attend NSOP or want to talk to an AFROTC recruiter, let us know!

Enlisted Personnel

Commissioning opportunities for enlisted service members are also available. You must be able to attend college full time to be eligible for AFROTC. Furthermore you must be conditionally released from your current contract. The most up to date information can be found here . Your Installation Education Office is also a good resource for information on commissioning programs.