Air Force ROTC at Syracuse University is managed by a team of active duty Air Force personnel and one full-time Syracuse University administrative assistant. The staff is responsible for overseeing the cadet wing, ensuring training guidelines are being followed, and managing logistics involved with Air Force ROTC.
Cadets will most often work with the Operations Flight Commander (OFC) for training purposes, this position oversees the Leadership Laboratory and Academic Class sessions. The OFC handles the search for potential candidates, acts as a counselor during the joining process, and is the primary point of contact for any scholarship or AFROTC related questions. Both NCOIC positions manage cadet travel, cadet pay, and all other administration duties. The Program Manager is an employee of Syracuse University who manages continuity, special events, and office coordination.
Current Detachment 535 Cadre:
- Lt Col Timothy Kimbrough – Commander
- 1st Lt Adam Kelly – Operations and Recruiting Flight Commander
- MSgt Nicole Eisenbarth – NCOIC, Detachment 535
- SSgt Sebastian Kirkland – NCOIC, Administration Management
- Mrs. Virginia O’Connor – Program Manager